BTCC RACING TEAM
New to the grid for 2014
Proud to be working with
Triple Eight Race Engineering
The Quantel Bifold BTCC Racing Team
Welcome to our official website
This is the official home of the Quantel Bifold British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) Racing Team. Here you can find all the latest information about the team. We’ve included plenty of pictures and videos for you to look through, as well as giving you some background on the team, our sponsors and the BTCC itself. Feel free to browse around, and don’t forget to find us on Facebook or Twitter for live updates from the pit lane!
Plato’s pole position mojo was back in bucket loads for Silverstone. Unfortunately for him, title nemesis Colin Turkington didn’t want him to be lonely on pole and cuddled up in P2. Tordoff took third and the progressive Jackson, Smith and Menu trio completed the top 6. The Focus and VW…
Jason Plato’s run of poles came to an end in dramatic fashion at The Rock. Not to the ‘on fire’ Colin Turkington, but to his team Sam Tordoff with a 1:22.471. It’s easy to say that it was a ballast free lap but he was the best part of half…
The Turkington bandwagon kept on rolling into qualifying at Knockhill as he posted a time of 51.705s, almost half a second clear of the field. No mean feat over such a short lap. However as previously reported, an 8 place grid penalty for a transgression at Snetterton handed the pole…
The weekend saw the BTCC move to Knockhill, and two of our photographer friends have sent us some pictures of Marc quite literally throwing the Quantel Bifold MG6 around the circuit in incredible style. We got some amazing pictures of Marc on two wheels, both in the wet and the…
With seven former BTCC Champions, holding 12 titles between them, all lining up on the grid in 2014, this is proving to be a heart-stopping season of intense racing action, try to keep up!The BTCC
Working closely with Triple Eight Race Engineering, who have won more BTCC titles than any other company, Quantel Bifold Racing are hoping to be leading challengers for the title in 2014.
Our driver Marc Hynes, ex-F1 test driver and British Formula 3 Champion (who beat Jenson Button to the title in 1999) is a born racer and will be driving number 888 on the MG6 car from Triple Eight.Marc Hynes
Support the team throughout the season, live from the pits, by joining us on Facebook and following us on Twitter, but make sure you check back here for all the latest updates and photo’s!Find us on Facebook
“The British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) is one of the best-loved, most illustrious and famous motor racing championships in the world. Since its inception in 1958 only Formula 1 and America’s NASCAR stock car series have longer histories. It has captivated millions of fans right around the world.”
The BTCC promises this year to provide one of motor sport’s most addictive, action packed seasons – we aim to be right at the heart of it.Learn about the BTCC
- QUANTEL is a great British company. We’re a world-leading developer of digital media creation and delivery systems.
Read more about Quantel
- BIFOLD is the leading manufacturer of instrument valves and pumps for the oil and gas sector.
Read more about the Bifold Group
- The MAKE BRITAIN GREAT Campaign from the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills aims to encourage growth and build confidence amongst small businesses.
Read more about the Make Britain Great Campaign
- Angus Fire is the world-leading manufacturer of fire hose, fire-fighting foams, foammaking equipment, portable pumps and waterway products.
Read more about Angus Fire
- PSI is a British pump company that specialises in the design, manufacture and supply of individually engineered systems.
Read more about PSI
- Cox Wokingham Plastics Limited is a market leading UK plastic thermoforming specialist established for over 70 years.
Read more about CWPL
- PROMOLD is a UK based designer and manufacturer of injection mould tooling, predominantly for the UK and European automotive industry.
Read more about Promold
- CHOW is a snack food brand based in the UK. You can expect everything we do to be bold in flavour and snackable. We don’t do boring. Great continental food on the go.
Read more about Chow
- CLIFFORD THAMES create and manage the data needed to repair and maintain vehicles in the UK and over 160 countries world-wide.
Read more about Clifford Thames
- ICB supplies alcoholic drinks to most of the UK’s leading supermarkets, convenience chains and wholesalers, as well as to a number of export markets.
Read more about Intercontinental Brands
- Quantel Bifold Racing thanks all the sponsors for their support throughout the season.